CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA
2 medium sized chicken breast fillets, cut into small pieces
100g chorizo, cut into small pieces
1 red pepper, chopped
200g garden peas
900ml chicken stock
1 tsp turmeric
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1.Begin by boiling 300g of rice, following the cooking instructions provided. Drain and set aside.
2. Using a small amount of oil, add the chicken to a frying pan and cook until brown.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the chorizo, pepper and spices to the pan and fry. Once the chorizo is cooked add the cooked rice and chicken.
5. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
6. Allow to boil until the majority of the water has reduced.
7. Serve, or; if not eating immediately, remove from the heat and portion out into 4 x 600ml storage containers.
8. Once cooled, attach the lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to consume. If this is longer than 3 days’ time, we suggest storing in the freezer.
To reheat; put in an ovenproof dish. Preheat the oven to 350F, 180C, Gas Mark 6.
Add ¼ cup water or white wine per portion, stir. Cover tightly with foil and heat in oven for 30-40 mins.